Friday, January 13, 2012

Another good, secluded day

So yesterday was another good, healthy and restorative day.

Also another day of cocooning within myself......containing my interactions with life and being careful with my emotions.

It was also a day that I actually cooked myself a delicious dinner - for the first time in months. I always cook, well not always, but I do cook - but mostly for the Sons and HH - also it we are having people over I cook and I like to. But my most recent struggles haven't allowed me to enjoy food in so so long, that I would never indulge to think of something I might want to eat - but last night I did - and it tasted good - probably the best, most satisfying meal in many months.

I started a worry book - - a place where I write down all my worries - to perhaps alleviate some of the anxiety I carry around in my head. I still carry it around, but written down in the notebook it becomes something I don't have to think about all the time....I won't forget it now that it is written down - I can read the worry's and try to see them with a new set of eyes - a more objective set of eyes - Most of my worries are about my kids...but I also have others....some irrational(I know this) and some more founded....but they are my worries, I own them and I pay attention to them...but I also know that I cannot (literally) lose sleep over them. Hopefully the worry book helps.

Here's to another day.

No comments: